See for yourself through Whitney's pictures (I forgot my camera!) ...
Saturday we started our day at Trade Day (Collinsville), where you can buy almost anything!
Including: puppies(I wanted one!), baby donkeys, pigs, chickens, goats, turkeys, boots, plants, produce, name brand(fake) sunglasses*, anything for your animal*, weedeater line*, corndogs*, home made jewelry, furniture, fake flowers, and the list goes on...
*all things that we did purchase!
We then went to Unclaimed Baggage, followed by lunch at 50 Taters (both in Scottsboro), then Gorham's Bluff (Pisgah).
this is how a dentist takes a picture!
We stopped by my parents to snack and nap, then visited one of my dad's friend's homeplace just as the sun was setting.
My parents hosted us and truly outdid themselves! When we got to their house, my mom had snacks ready for everyone. She then had a "salad bar" for us and cooked a delicious meal of chicken spaghetti (one of my favs!) followed by brownies and ice-cream, with a side of fruit. Then my sweet daddy made us a warm fire to roast marshmallows on! Sunday morning we woke up to a delicious breakfast, including chocolate gravy! I felt like I was back in high-school all over again(except with a husband!) and loved every minute of it.
and yes, I am wearing my 8th grade cheer warm-up! haha!
After breakfast, we visited Mentone and went to the pottery shop and a new art gallery in town, Kamama, then had lunch at the Wildflower Cafe. We ended our day with a breathtaking view at Desoto Falls and made a stop by Nocalula Falls on our way back to Birmingham.
Overall, a great weekend! Thanks to my parents for being such gracious hosts and cooking for us all weekend! I think Paul may want to go back every weekend for chocolate gravy and biscuits! :)
Looks like so much fun!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun weekend with friends! The whole time I was reading...I was like, "I want to do that and go there!!" Such a pretty area for sure!!
ReplyDeleteSo fun that y'all did all of this! I agree with Caroline, I want to go to all these places :)
ReplyDeleteWell what are you waiting for girls! We now have three empty bedrooms and two extra baths.
ReplyDeleteWe love to have company!
Judith