November 15, 2013

October

October was a busy month for us!
Warning: Picture overload

I started off the month with five events in three days at the Law School! By Saturday at 12:30, I was ready for some much needed sleep/rest! I continue to be thankful for my job and how much fun I have while working at the Law School!

One of the beautiful dinners we hosted

a glimpse at a very early UA Homecoming 2013


The third weekend of October, Brant and I took a "Carolinas Road Trip!" We were able to visit friends in Asheville, NC and Spartanburg, SC.

this is what a road trip looks like for us

On Thursday night we drove to Asheville and stayed with some friends that I used to teach with at Auburn High School! (Shout-out to AA & Jason!) Friday morning we had a delicious breakfast at the Grove Park Inn with a beautiful view of Asheville. The leaves had just started changing colors and I think we both could have stayed there all day just walking the grounds!

Our delicious breakfast

We spend the day at the Biltmore... where I never knew I could love history so much! It's amazing to think a family had so much during the 1800's. Did you know that the Biltmore is still the largest privately owened home in the US? Crazy!
Look at how big the house is

During Brant's residency, his co-residents were more like family to us! On Friday afternoon we drove to Spartanburg, SC to stay with Whitney & Paul for the weekend. That night we had dinner with Ellen, Whitney, and Paul. It reminded me how God's plans are always perfect and Brant doing a residency in Birmingham was His perfect plan for us. He brought new friends into our lives that year that will remain our friends for a life time. Brant and Paul went to the Clemson game on Saturday night while Whitney and I hung out and snuggled up with sweet baby Hudson!

sweet baby Hudson- babies are a miracle
 
 
On our way home on Sunday, we stopped in Marietta to visit with Haley, Lane, and the kids! Haley and I have been friends since my junior year of high-school. She is the kind of friend that we always pick up exactly where we left off the last time. I'm so thankful for her wisdom and guidance in life and very blessed by her friendship!



The end of October my parents came to town and Brant & my dad painted the garage. It's amazing how big of a difference a little paint will do!  Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures, unless you want to see more of Cooper! ;)
 
 
our Cooper pumpkin 2013

Brant and I hosted a "Pumpkin Carve" for our supper club and of course enjoyed all of our little trick-or-treaters on Halloween!

Pumpkin carve night
 

Bat-dog on Halloween
 

Halloween 2013: Dr. G and our sweet neighbors G & G
 
I'll be back soon with November updates! Hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment