April 28, 2011

Tornado

My heart is heavy tonight due to the awful storm that hit our state yesterday. Brant and I are counting our blessings as we haven't lost power and have remained safe throughout all of this. God is so good! Our families are safe, but my hometown is a bit of a disaster. Some very close friends from home lost their homes last night.

While we are devastated for all of the towns affected, we are mostly saddened that our own family lost a very special person yesterday. My cousin, Blake, was killed in the Tuscaloosa tornado along with his girlfriend and one of his roommates.



Blake was a handsome young man with a huge, fun personality, a voice of an angel, and a way to always make you laugh. I will never forget the memories of him sitting on Mama Nell's couch every Thanksgiving and Christmas cracking jokes or standing in her den singing to his dad and Uncle Stacy pickin' the guitar.

I'm thankful that we serve a RISEN SAVIOUR who died for us so that we can all see each other again in Heaven someday. Please pray for our family and pray for all of those who have lost loved ones.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. We will be praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete