Last summer, as I was packing boxes like crazy to make my move to Birmingham, I still didn't have a job! I had resigned from my beloved Auburn High and put my faith in God to lead me to my next school. The last week of June proved to be a very exciting week for me! I interviewed for jobs on Tuesday, Brant proposed on Wednesday, was offered 3 jobs on Thursday(!), and moved to Birmingham on Friday!
One of my very best guy friends from Auburn had just taken the job as the head football coach at MHS. He was actually the one to get me the interview with the principal and I immediately thought how fun it would be work with Jamie again! While the school was a 45 minute drive from where Brant and I would be living, it was a job and so I accepted it! But, it turned out to be more than "just a job"....
Montevallo taught me a lot! I had a very hard first 6 weeks of school being a new teacher all over again, only knowing 1 other person, and not knowing any students. The students were different than what I was used to and they were not open to this new teacher coming in and expecting things of them. I cried a lot in the first 6 weeks and begged Brant daily to let me quit! Through it all, he continued to show me unconditional love and support and reminded me that God lead me there for a reason.
with some of my peer helpers at Homecoming 2010
The days went on and the year got so much more fun! I fell in love with my students, became friends with some people that I will never forget, and worked for 2 of the best administrators in the education world! Not to mention my lunch crew might have been the funniest crew ever!
Peer Helper Seniors on their last day of my class
Last Friday I said goodbye to MHS in order to take a job at HHS, which is 5 minutes down the road from where we will live next year! (Have I mentioned we are moving? That's another post!) I'm so thankful for the past year with all of my MHS folks, they helped me transition to a new city, new job, and most of all, helped me and listened to me as I planned a wedding and became a wife! Thanks to all of you for your friendship and love throughout the year, you will always hold a special place in my heart!
greatest lunch crew ever at MHS graduation



No comments:
Post a Comment