May 17, 2012

Peace


PEACE
I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:27

As we are wrapping things up in Birmingham, this month's daily reminder has been perfect for this season in our life. We have 7 more weeks to live here... 7! This is where we have spent all of our married life together and it's been absolutely wonderful. We have loved everything about living here the past 2 years and wouldn't trade it for anything!

Next week is my last week at HHS and I'm getting a little emotional as the time draws near to an end. I've made some sweet friends that I know will last a lifetime. This has definitely been my hardest year yet as a teacher. I've only had a small caseload, but we quickly became a family. In January, one of my students suffered a bad accident and he hasn't been back to school. Our little family of 5, went to a family of 4 in one short day and it's been tough. Please pray for him when you get a chance. I know we serve a God who holds all the perfect plans for our life, but this is one thing I have not been able to understand.

Brant is wrapping up his residency with 7 weeks left to go. From my perspective, he has learned so much this year and has gained so much confidence as a first year dentist. I'm so excited to watch him grow in his career and to truly serve others! God has given him a gift that I know he will continue to use for HIS glory.

While we are very excited about our move, we are also a little apprehensive too. We are moving to a town where everything will be new to us... new house, new jobs, new church, new friends, new neighborhood, etc. Please pray for us as we follow God's plan for our life! 

Please pray for us in the upcoming weeks as things come together to make this move possible! I'll be back very soon with some exciting updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment