May 24, 2012

HOME

It's now official! Brant and I signed the papers on Tuesday to take ownership of our first home! We are beyond excited and I can't wait to make the house our HOME!



When we made the decision to move to Tuscaloosa, we immediately started looking at homes. Some family friends recommended a local real estate agent and we couldn't have ask for a better one! Wes was amazing! We sent him all the things we were looking for, as well as our budget, and he did a perfect job lining up 12 houses for us to check out. Each home was different and he was quick to point out the pros and cons of each house. He made us truly think about making each house our home and I loved that about him! Throughout the day I had narrowed it down to two in my head, but just wasn't sold on any of them. Then, he told us he was taking us to one more that had just been listed... we walked in the front door and I knew it was the one!

Brant says I plan things out in my head and then don't make a decision until I find exactly what I'm looking for. He is absolutely right! We walked into the house and I immediately felt like I was at home! The exterior of the home is adorable, but once you walk in, you fall in love! The character of the home is where I fell in love... from the front porch swings, to the staircase, to the brick kitchen floor, and the back deck... I love it all! We made an offer 2 days later and started the paperwork process then.

Working with Wes and our banker was actually a very non-stressful process. They were both so nice through the entire deal and helped us so much! Who knew there were so many things to sign, fill out, make copies of, etc. to buy a home?! We couldn't be happier with our new home and can't wait to start the big move! Now on to convincing Brant I need a few new pieces of furniture....

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! The house looks beautiful! I LOVE the porch swing! So glad it was a smooth and easy process for ya'll!! You will love making it your home with all your nice touches!

    ReplyDelete