When we made the decision to move, I immediately began sending out my resume to HS principals all over the city and county system. One principal immediately wrote back and said he would like to meet with me and show me his school. Little did I know this would be my future school. The day that Brant and I came to town to look at houses, I met with Dr. E that morning. He was so kind and spent about 45 minutes telling me all about the school and giving me a little tour. I
As the school year finished in May, I still didn't have a job. At that point, I tried to convince BG that it was time for me to retire and find a new career! I was a little bit serious and a little bit joking. I really questioned if I should continue teaching or look for something different. With all that happened in the past year, I thought I wanted to do something different. But, He showed me otherwise.
Early in June, on a hot-ttt day, I had two interviews. The very next day, I had two different job offers! Brant and I prayed about it and I took the job closest to home. I have about a seven minute drive from home (give or take a few minutes depending on the red lights!) and I'll be working with students in the science department... I told Brant I know God has a sense of humor to put me in the science department! :) I'm trading in my royal blue for Carolina blue for the first time in five years! I think it will be a nice change for my wardrobe! ha!
All joking aside, I'm so excited about another school year. I'm excited about meeting new teacher friends and seeing new faces! I'm excited for the ministry opportunity I have at a new school. Mostly, I'm so blessed that God has given me a job where I can truly serve others and hopefully share His love on a daily basis. Please pray for me! I get "first day back to school jitters" every year, no matter how old I am!
You will be great as always. Love you and am praying you have a great year all the way around. Learn to love science :) HA!
ReplyDeleteMOM
God's Blessings on your new job!
ReplyDeleteLynn