February 8, 2011

26

So, it's official. I'm now 26 and I don't feel a bit different from when I turned 25!

Excpet for the fact that I celebrated my birthday this year with my husband and last year he was my boyfriend!

Birthday week is always a lot of fun and this year it didn't disappoint! Here is a break-down of the week:

Monday we ate out Italian.

Tuesday and Wednesday Brant did the cooking. And brought home some beautiful flowers!

Thursday my mom was in town and took us to my favorite pizza place.

Friday we met Brant's family here for an oh-so-delicious dinner to celebrate my birthday and the MIL's birthday! (which is one day after mine)

Saturday I met up with some girlfriends for lunch here! It's definitely one of my favorite lunch places of all times. Sweet Vasu brought us cupcakes from Dreamcakes Bakery and we devoured them!  We managed to save a few for me to be able to share with Brant. Dreamcakes is a great little bakery in downtown, I discovered it last year while visiting Brant and we have loved it ever since. Of course, it's only for special occassions because I have a hard time justifying $3 for a cupcake!



We then ventured around downtown to do a little shopping. Vasu had mentioned a spice store she had heard about from a friend, so we kept walking until we found it! Penzeys Spices was a neat little store and I bought the following:

some vanilla sugar that we used tonight on our strawberries & sandwich sprinkle for Brant's lunches

Saturday night ended with the hubby taking me to a japanese steak house and for a little shopping spree at Target!

We continued our celebration on Sunday with having a few friends over to watch the super bowl and Brant baked me a delicious funfetti cake with rainbow chip icing!

(with little footballs in honor of the super bowl)

and then on I got an e-mail that said I had won a $150 gift certificate to a little homestore we visited downtown Saturday! I can't wait to spend it!

Perfect ending to a fabulous birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Glad y'all had a great birthday week! Come visit soon (before we ask you to change a diaper).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brant told me about the gift certificate you won when I ran into him last week - that's awesome. You can get so many birds with $150!

    ReplyDelete