Monday(yesterday) was a big day for us as it was Match Day for Dental Residency programs! The dental school has residency programs that you can apply for following your senior year. Brant had applied and interviewed for several one year programs for next year's adventure. We traveled to Asheville, NC back in the fall for one particular program and both fell in love with the city. It’s so quaint and fun, and according to Brant, the program there was very nice.
Sunday night was a restless night for me; I was a little bit nervous and worried. Selfishly, I wanted us to “match” North Carolina, for several reasons: 1. I’ve never lived outside of the state of AL and thought it would be so much fun to live as newlyweds in a new state! 2. My oldest brother and his family live in NC and I wanted the freedom to visit my precious nephews whenever I could. 3. I wanted an excuse to quit my job and try something different for a year!
Yesterday morning around 8:05, I got an e-mail from Brant titled “We are…” I opened it up and it said “…staying here!” My heart hurt and I wanted to cry, but I was in the middle of teaching observing 9th grade math so I had to keep it together!
I always want to be completely honest on the blog, so this is why I am telling you all of this.
I really wanted us to move to NC! I wanted to be able to be selfish with all of my time with Brant, I wanted our friends and family to come and visit us instead of us always being the ones to drive, I wanted a new city that no one else I knew lived in… I wanted what God did not have planned for us!
Brant called after his class was over and I was able to talk to him for a total of 2 minutes. He could tell I was upset, but he just kept saying “Britt, it’s fine! We are happy with this!” As I went on throughout the day, I cried in my classroom during my planning period when I was by myself. I prayed and asked God why!
Then I got a voicemail on my phone from Kim- who was crying with tears of joy because we would still live 2 hours apart! My dad sent me the sweetest text message and I could tell he didn’t really want us moving that far away, not just yet! My mom sent a message that read, GOD IS IN CONTROL. My MIL called to chat and reminded me of some of the same things my mom had said. Some of our friends here in town blew up my phone with messages about how excited they are that we are staying here! My 4th block kids came in and one of them hugged me and told me that “I just love you Ms. L/Mrs. G… and I love coming in your class!”
And God smiled down on me and said “That’s why! Because I’m not finished with you here!”
So, today I have a new attitude of us staying “here”... As I drove my 45 minutes to work this morning, I jammed out to Selah’s You Deliver Me c.d. My favorite song is “How Deep the Father’s Love.” It reminded me that He loves us more than we can ever imagine and I am not in control, but HE is! And today I am praising HIM because I know that if He allowed me to be in control, our life would be a mess!
So, pray for us as we look for housing! Pray for Brant’s ministry in the field of dentistry! Pray for my ministry at the high-school where I work. I want to be a light for these kids and I want them to know that I do love them and I do care about them! Pray for me as I try and make a decision of whether or not to go back to school for my masters in high-school counseling.
Thanks for letting me be honest!
No comments:
Post a Comment