February 15, 2011

Valentine's (Bug)

With Brant preparing for his board exams this next weekend, I decided that we should have Valentine's a little early. So we exchanged gifts on Saturday evening- he got me a deluxe pedicure and some hand sanitizers for all of my bags/car/desk at work!

Brant has a pair of umbro shorts that he has had since the 8th grade and they are in rough shape! I have been begging to throw them away for awhile, but he hasn't given in...until now! So, I did some research and found some online and was able to order 2 pair! He immediately put them on and I can't wait to throw away the old ones!

Sunday afternoon, Brant went up to the school to practice for boards. While he was gone, I made a homemade pizza and arranged pepperonis in the shape of a heart (cheesy I know!) We enjoyed a nice dinner together and had planned to cook in on Monday night when he got in from school as our final Valentine's celebration.

Well, yesterday morning I woke up with some sort of stomach bug and have been sick for about 24 hours now. I was out of work yesterday and again today. Brant has been a champ about everything and poor thing had to eat leftovers on our actual first valentine's day as a married couple! He took great care of me though and had crackers & peanut butter for me with a side of sprite last night!

So much for a romantic dinner night for Valentine's! At least we have now survived our first bout of sickness together as newlyweds!

No comments:

Post a Comment