Exactly 2 years ago this past Saturday, Anna Margaret and I met Brant at the Busbin's tailgate for a blind date! Who knew that it would lead to a wedding 15 months down the road!
My sweet friend, Anne, had been talking about Brant for the past few months and how I needed to meet him. Honestly, I really wasn't into dating at that point and didn't think much about it. Kim and I were having the time of our lives being single ladies and shopping a lot! haha! I "facebook friended" Brant and never thought anything else about it. A month and a half later, Rebecca (AM's mom) told me I needed to take a date to the Ole Miss game, she said it had been too long! AM and I had always gone to the games by ourselves and I wasn't sure, nor was she, about sharing the day with someone else.
Anna Margaret and me, she was almost 5
I sent Brant a facebook message and basically told him I had an extra ticket and asked if he would like to go with me. He kindly responded yes and asked for my phone number. The Wednesday night before the game, Kim and I were cooking soups preparing for our SS supper club the next night when Brant called... Two and a half hours later, we hung up the phone and I was a bit giddy! Saturday morning rolled around and Anna Margaret and I showed up at the Busbin tailgate to meet Brant. He immediately took to entertaining her and I knew it would be a fun day. Auburn ended up beating Ole Miss that day and we ended up spending the entire day/afternoon together, as well as the next day and afternoon! the only picture we took together that day and of course AM had the camera!
AU v. Ole Miss 2011, she is almost 7 now
her goal was to make it the entire game and she did






Nice coat :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you wrote out the whole story! I loved reading it! :) Hope you guys are doing well! ~Mandy
ReplyDelete