May 28, 2013

Lately

I've been told by several people lately that they miss my blog... so I decided to come back and give it another try. A lot has happened since January... some good things, some not so good things.

Cooper got a new bed since the last time you saw him

Right before our second anniversary, Brant and I found out we were expecting! Since we have been praying and hoping for a sweet baby since January of 2012, we were overjoyed! I was exercising, eating all the healthy stuff, and doing all the right things that you should do when pregnant. We had a great trip to NOLA for our anniversary, celebrated my birthday with a fun dinner out... and then BAM... we found out at our first ultrasound appointment(on my MIL's birthday) our sweet baby didn't develop a cardiovascular system. It was a hard day and probably the suckiest day of my life so far. We had already bought baby clothes, my mom had bought baby clothes, Brant's mom had bought baby clothes, Ashley had given me a swaddle blanket, etc. So, I had a d&c on February 14th... worst Valentine's day to date. While Brant and I (along with family and friends) were terribly saddened and absolutely heartbroken, we still trust in our God and know that HE has a plan for us! We would not have made it through the whole process without the love and support of family and friends. Our sweet SS class was unbelieveable, some of our friends and neighbors brought us dinners, and our families came and kept us company. I know some people think of miscarriage as nothing, but it's truly the loss of a child and it sucks. Pregnancy and children are truly a miracle and a gift from God!


On February 19th, this little princess turned 3

Honestly, that's really the reason I haven't been writing... I've been hosting a pity party for myself for quite some time now. I will never forget sweet baby #2, but I have grieved and feel better now. And God has given me hope and peace about our future and a healthy baby someday!

my husband is a great cook and spoils me every now and then ;)

In March I really got serious about finding a new career for myself. I have loved teaching for the past six years, but this year was just very different and I just felt like I needed to find something new. So, I did! I finished out the year at the high-school and started work at the university just yesterday! So far, so good! I'm excited to meet new people, make new friends, and not deal with crazy, hormonal teenagers every day! :)

it was a cold spring break, but we still enjoyed it

April flew by quickly and we enjoyed a nice, long weekend at the beach condo!


I also became the girls golf coach at the high school for the month of April. While it was absolutely hilarious to hear "Coach Gentry" I truly enjoyed my time with my one golfer and made friends with a sweet family! I also learned a lot about the game of golf and may possibly try and pick it up! It was fun traveling and missing school to hang out in a golf cart all day and pretend to know what I was doing!
sometimes we spend our Saturday fishing with this little girl

May is almost over and it's been a very exciting month! A few weeks ago we boarded a plane with Ashley & Phil and visited San Francisco for a few days. It was definitely a trip never to be forgotten! Ashley and I claim that we went to celebrate the boys 30th birthday(which isn't until November!), but we really just wanted an excuse to travel somewhere new! We hope to make this a yearly or every other year tradition now!


So I guess I'm now up to date! We don't have a lot planned for the summer and I'm actually excited about that! This is the first summer we haven't moved since we have been together! We have one beach trip planned for a dental conference and that's about it. Now that I'm working at the university, I no longer have the summer off. I don't think that has truly set in yet, but oh well! I'll survive! I'm going to do my best to write more and keep this updated more, too!

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment