July 1, 2013

DIY

Brant and I have officially been in our home for one year this past weekend! While we love everything about it, there are always going to be things that we want to switch out, re-do, etc. I've always heard your home will always be a work in progress and I find that very true now that we are home-owners!

This past week I saw this on One Kings Lane...

 
I love anything that has moss with it and really wanted to order 2 of these for our bedside tables in our Master bedroom...but they were $49 each and I couldn't justify that! So, I started trying to figure out how we could replicate it. Brant noticed that Hobby Lobby had 50% off all pottery and suggested we go there to see what they had... We found the perfect little pots, bought some balls, and a bag of moss, and here is what we came up with!

 
I realize this is not our bedside table, but we liked them in the dining room so they are going to stay there for now. So, I guess I still need to find something for the bedside tables!

Project cost:
Pottery: $6.99 each
Ball: $4.99 each
Moss: $2.00
Total cost: Approx. $26!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I have some pots like that already and have been wanting to make some moss balls myself! Those look really cute!

    ReplyDelete