January 4, 2011

Congrats Brant!

So, it's been awhile since my last post! With the craziness of the last few weeks of school, Brant's board exams, traveling the entire 2 weeks of Christmas break, and 11 days from our big day, you can imagine what has been keeping me busy!

BIG CONGRATS goes out to my awesome fiance today for passing part II of his dental board exams! For the past few months, Brant has spent almost every night diligently studying for this big test. He took boards on the Tuesday & Wednesday before Christmas and to say that we were all a little nervous is an understatement. I, along with a ton of other people, have been praying about this for months!

Yesterday afternoon, I checked the mailbox as I do every day when I arrive to Brant's apartment (ours in 11 days!) after work. I made his stack of mail and my stack of mail and got busy on pictures for our wedding slide show and getting dinner ready. Brant called on his way in from school and this was the conversation:

BG: "Did you check the mail?"
BL: "Yes! Of course!"
BG: "Did my scores come?"
BL: "Oh, not sure, didn't even really pay attention to what you had... let me look... yes, they are here... want me to open them?"
BG: "No, I will open them when I get home... whew, I might throw up. Whew. I'm nervous..."

as Brant keeps talking, I start holding the envelope up to the light, as in climbing in a chair and holding it directly under the light-bulb!

BL: "Brant.... (squealing) YOU PASSED (jumping up & down and screaming)"
BG: "Are you sure? Did you open it? I told you not to open it! Did you open it? Read it to me..."

I began reading, through the envelope because I did not open it, and read out loud... Part I  passed...

BG: "Britt, I took Part I forever ago. I just took Part II. What does it say by Part II?"
I start freaking out just a little...

BL: "Oh, wait.... okay, I will just wait until you get home then... Sorry! Oops! Sorry"

Brant continues talking about his day, I keep being nosey and holding the other side of the envelope up to the light bulb again!

BL: "(screaming and shouting) BRANT, YOU PASSED! YOU PASSED PART II!!!!!!!!"

A few minutes later, Brant walked in the door and we were both so excited we didn't know what to say to each other! I'm so proud of him! He studies so hard and works so hard for school and I'm just happy to see that all of the hard work has been worth it for him!

Now, on to our wedding in 11 days....

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy for Brant, and for you :) What a great Christmas, new year's and wedding present???!!!

    ReplyDelete