January 27, 2011

Our Wedding Day!

You know how every girl says that they've dreamed of their perfect wedding day for as long as they can remember? The color scheme, the flowers, the dress, etc.... well, I haven't! Though, I have dreamed about the perfect man for me, what he would look like, how he would treat me, and how he would propose. Well, on January 15, I married the most incredible man of God! And he is absolutely perfect for me!

As most of you know, Brant and I met on a blind date for an AU football game in October of 2009. Honestly, three weeks later I knew that I loved him and would marry him...he claims it took him a few more months to realize it! In February, Valentine's weekend to be exact, we decided that I would begin searching for jobs and plan to move to where he lived when I finished up the school year. I immediately began sending out my resume to principals, making phone calls, etc. I interviewed with several schools, but never had any luck!

By June, Brant had still not proposed and I still didn't have a job! The week that we were planning to move me took me by surprise! On Monday, I had 3 job interviews and then headed back to Auburn to pack up my townhome. On Wednesday, Kim, Anne, and Joanna came over to help me pack throughout the course of the day. It was emotional and I was stressed about not having a job or a ring! That night, Blake and Anne came over to help me pack some more and brought dinner over. In the midst of us eating dinner, Brant's cousin called to tell me that one of their friend's was cleaning out their suite at the stadium and had some free furniture. She knew that we needed some things and wanted me to ride up there with her. Long story short, she picked me up around 8:45 and when I walked into an empty stadium with all the lights on, there he was... on the 50 yard line... the next morning, I was offered 2 different jobs!

Six and a half months later, I walked down the aisle to Brant to say I do! To say that our wedding is everything that I wanted is really an understatement. It was absolutely perfect and I wouldn't change a thing! Honestly, I wouldn't.

It snowed 8 inches in my hometown the Sunday before the wedding, while everyone else was freaking out about the snow, all I could ask was for it to stay so that we could have pictures made in the snow! I am so thankful to my parents and family for everything they made possible on the day of our wedding. Brant and I are still talking about the day and how much we loved it!

Here is a small preview of our 800+ photos







Check back tomorrow for some more pictures, I need to go snuggle up with my hubby and watch American Idol!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brittany! If you don't mind, I'd like to add your blog to my blog roll. I loved this post of how Brant proposed and your wedding day. It was a beautiful ceremony! God has blessed you richly with Brant and his family. And they are blessed having you a part of their family as well! I'm looking forward to checking your blog for updates. :)

    ReplyDelete