After we moved in and got everything in it's place, I just couldn't like this bare wall above the fireplace...
So, we made another trip to Lowe's! I think they may know our names by now.
... and a beautiful mantle appeared a few days later!
Brant sanded, primed, and painted the board with leftover paint we had from the bedroom furniture. Then, we found the wooden holders(name?) at Lowe's a few days later and he did the same with them. He then distressed everything with the hand sander. While his parents were in town the other night on their way back to A'ville from a weekend getaway, Mr. David helped him hang it all!
Doesn't it pull our LR all together now? Our townhouse is feeling more like a home and we are loving every minute of it...
2x8 board= $8
2 holders=$12.50
TOTAL COST = approx $21
I am impressed! This looks great! Can't wait to see it in 2 days!
ReplyDeleteNice work! It looks great!
ReplyDelete