August 22, 2011

Mama's Zucchini Bread

I've always loved the summertime and the taste of fresh veggies out of my dad's garden. This summer was no different! Brant and I went to my parent's a few weekends ago to be greeted with a batch of my mom's famous zucchini bread! She had saved me some zucchinis so that I could also try out the recipe for Brant!

Well after one disaster with my mixer spinning out of control and cleaning up the kitchen, I was finally able to produce some delicious bread! Here is the recipe and a few pictures to go along with it!

Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 cup oil (I used applesauce instead)
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups finely shredded zucchini
2 1/2 cups of self rising flour
3 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)


Mix all ingredients together in large mixing bowl



Grease your pan and then bake away!



Lastly, let cool and then send to work with your husband so that you don't eat the entire batch!


No comments:

Post a Comment