December 1, 2011

NYC: Day 1

As I mentioned earlier, Brant and I spent the week of Thanksgiving in New York City! I've always wanted to attend the Macy's Day Parade and it was truly a dream come true for me! A big thanks to our families for understanding that we wanted this time together while missing out on Thanksgiving with family!

We flew in to Newark, NJ on Tuesday and took the train into the city. What an adventure from the very beginning! When we arrived into the city on Tuesday afternoon, it was raining so we had to take a taxi from the train station to the hotel.


Brant mastered the train/subway/road map the entire trip! I would have been so lost without him!

We stayed at the beautiful Waldorf Astoria and really enjoyed it! We booked through expedia for flights & hotel and I really think it's the way to go, we got a steal of a deal! We checked into our corner room with a view of Park Avenue, changed quickly, and went to exploring the city!





We first stopped in at Rockefeller Center to do an NBC Tour with some of my mom's friends from NBC Learn. We ended up on the elevator with Al Sharpton and ran into Howie Mandell. We did a viewing of the set where they tape Saturday Night Live! (Sarah, all I could think about were the Spartan cheerleaders!!!) We also watched a live taping of one of the panels!



After the NBC tour, we walked over to Bergdorf Goodman where I wished that we were millionaires! Everything in the store is absolutely beautiful, but with a very large price tag that we were not willing to pay for!

the beautiful (too expensive) stationery

gorgeous Christmas ornaments

I wanted to buy this for B. Reid, but couldn't fork over the $420!

After Bergdorf, we walked around to a few more stores and then had dinner in a little cafe. It was still raining and pretty miserable out so we decided to call it a night and get some rest for the next day!


Up next, Chinatown, Staten Island Ferry, and the Rockettes!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome trip!! Can't wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited you two went to NYC for Thanksgiving! Linton and I stayed at the Waldorf Astoria years ago. It is a beautiful hotel in a great location! Tony Bennett was in the lobby singing during our stay. That was pretty cool. Your touring schedule sounds very well planned! I can't wait to read your other blog entries.

    ReplyDelete