December 4, 2011

NYC: Day 2

Our Wednesday morning in NYC started off with watching a little "Bieber Fever" on the Today Show! We could have walked down the street a little ways to see him live, but neither of us wanted to deal with the 1'000+ screaming 9-13 year old girls! ha!

We stopped for breakfast at a little bistro just down the road from our hotel. They had the best english muffins!


We then made our way to Chinatown where I was on a mission to find a Longchamp bag, a Tory Burch wallet for a girlfriend at work, and an angry birds t-shirt for JD! We walked around for about an hour and I was getting a little frustrated because I had not seen anything! I really think we got there a little too early and the shops just weren't open yet. We finally ran into a lady on the street (so sketch!) who was holding a piece of paper with pictures of designer bags on it. She asked me what I was looking for and I told her, then she snapped her fingers at us and said, "follow me!" So, we followed her about 2 blocks and went into a little room. The man literally climbed up in the ceiling and threw down 2 bags full of purses. I walked away with just what I was looking for and one door down I found JD an angry birds shirt! Total success!



We then walked around Little Italy for awhile and then made our way to lower Manhatten to ride the Staten Island Ferry. When we were making our reservations for NYC back in August, I tried to get tickets to go out to the Statue of Liberty, but they were already sold out! So, we did the free ferry ride instead and we were able to see it from a distance. It was a super foggy/rainy morning so our pictures didn't turn out that great, but it was still a lot of fun!




After the ferry ride, we walked to Greenwich Village to try out The Peanut Butter Company that one of our good friends recommended. It was well worth the walk! I'm obsessed with peanut butter and this place was perfect for me. I just wish my dad could have been there too! I had the "Elvis" sandwich and Brant had the "Bees Knees." It really was delicious and I might have come home with 3 jars of peanut butter!



We then took a walk through Washington Park and loved the fact that the leaves were still on the trees and absolutely beautiful! Brant (my own personal weather man) said that he thinks the leaves don't change there as soon as they do in the south due to all the tall buildings blocking the sun from the trees. Who knows if that's the real reason, but this lady is believing it for sure! :)



 We then walked to Central Park where they were blowing up the balloons for the Macy's Day Parade! It was definitely a neat experience to see the huge balloons go from absolutely nothing to all the different characters!



Up next: a night at the Rockettes and a wonderful Italian dinner! Reading over all of this makes us realize just how much we did in one day! Whew, I'm tired just reading it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment