December 7, 2011

NYC: Day 3

Thursday morning started off with the Macy's Day Parade! This was our main reason for going to NYC so I was super excited to see the parade. We chose not to get up super early, stand out in the cold, and wait for hours...instead, we got up around 7:00 that morning, were out of the hotel by 8:00 and had a nice spot on the street in Central Park by 8:15. It was perfect planning on Brant's part!










After the parade, we went over to FAO Schwartz! If you know us at all, you know we are both big kids at heart. FAO did not disappoint! As much as I wanted to buy a stuffed animal or a princess doll (because we all know I'm still a princess!), I refrained and got a $5 bag of candy instead! hehe Though I do wish we could have had the nephews and niece with us because they all would have LOVED the entire store!







We grabbed a bite to eat at a little cafe and then headed over to the 9/11 Memorial. If you are going to be in NYC anytime soon, you should do this. It was breath-taking. It was definitely an experience we will never forget and we are so grateful to those who worked to save lives that day.







Up next: Occupy Wall Street and Top of the Rock


No comments:

Post a Comment